AWS DevOps Specialist (£60-70k)
Watford, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
16 Nov 2020
Simon Daw – email@example.com
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic data migration consultancy based in Watford, Herts, currently working remotely due to COVID-19 government guidance. We are looking for a permanent experienced AWS DevOps specialist who will be critical to the fast-growing company’s success in delivering large scale data migrations in the cloud.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in all aspects of AWS cloud-based systems and must be able to collaborate effectively remotely or face-to-face, and to operate as part of a team. S/he must be organised, a natural problem solver, have excellent attention to detail and work in an efficient and timely manner. Knowledge of on-premise technology is also desirable, as is migrating these services to the cloud. They must be able to work proactively to identify technological improvements, plan forthcoming projects, have a keen interest in IT and emerging technologies, and have a willingness to learn new skills. We offer investment in training and the chance to work in a fast-paced, exciting company, with on-premise and cloud environments within an ISO27001 environment.
This role is a permanent role; if your work has been primarily contracted in the past, please specify clearly in your application that you now seek permanent work.
- Solid knowledge and experience of provisioning and managing AWS environments
- Experience of release and build automation pipelines utilising Jenkins.
- Scripting, particularly Groovy (ideally also to have Python, Bash & Powershell).
- Windows Server (build, security, AD, GPO, …).
- Source control: GIT/AWS Code Commit/SVN.
- Familiar with database server technology such as MS SQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL
- Experience working in a secure environment – SC.
- Knowledge of Elastic Search, RabbitMQ, Site to Site VPN Certificate configuration,
- Knowledge of Hashicorp Consul and Vault to manage configuration and secrets
- Experience using Hashicorp Terraform to deploy/update/destroy AWS infrastructure
- Familiar with provision of VPC’s and AWS networking/VPN’s
- Familiarity with the principles of immutable infrastructure and ability to put these into practice.
- Professional Certification from one or more major cloud providers
- Experience of working on Transformation programmes and large client driven projects
- Experience with GIT/AWS Code Commit for source control
- BSc/Ba in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline; professional certification (eg Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)
- Flexible approach and be willing to assist colleagues where needed in on-premise system administrations tasks
- Ability to prioritise workload and adhere to critical deadlines
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Evidence of adding value through excellent delivery
Security Clearance is required to SC level so you must be willing to undergo clearance as part of the recruitment process. Five years’ residency in the UK is a mandatory requirement of security clearance.
Datalynx is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring that the terms and conditions of employment of the employee and potential employee are equitable and non-discriminatory. This means that job applicants and employees will be treated fairly regardless of their age, sex, marital status (including civil partnerships), sexual orientation, gender reassignment, race (including ethnic origin), disability, religion or religious beliefs and pregnancy and maternity.
Our privacy statement can be viewed here.