AWS DevOps Specialist (£60-70k)
Watford, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
Ref. – TJAWSDOS12021
22nd July 2021
Anne Roche – firstname.lastname@example.org
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic data migration consultancy based in Watford, Herts, currently operating a hybrid flexible working model in accordance with government guidelines. We are looking for a permanent experienced AWS DevOps specialist who will be critical to this fast-growing company’s success in delivering large scale data migrations in the cloud.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for setting and leading the DevOps strategy within the company and must be experienced in all aspects of AWS cloud-based systems. They must be able to negotiate with and influence clients, be delivery focussed, highly organised, a natural problem solver, and have excellent attention to detail.
Knowledge of on-premise technology is also desirable, as is migrating these services to the cloud. Applicants must be able to work proactively to identify technological improvements, plan forthcoming projects, have a keen interest in IT and emerging technologies, and have a willingness to learn new skills. We offer investment in training and the chance to work in a fast-paced company, with on-premise and cloud environments within an ISO27001 environment.
This role is a permanent role. Applicants that are currently working as contractors must clearly state that they now seek a permanent position.
- Evidence of planning and delivering a DevOps strategy
- Solid knowledge and experience of provisioning and managing AWS environments
- Experience of release and build automation pipelines utilising Jenkins.
- Scripting, particularly Groovy (ideally also to have Python, Bash & Powershell).
- Windows Server (build, security, AD, GPO, …).
- Source control: GIT /AWS Code Commit / SVN.
- Familiar with database server technology such as MS SQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL
- Knowledge of Elastic Search, RabbitMQ, Site to Site VPN Certificate configuration,
- Knowledge of Hashicorp Consul and Vault to manage configuration and secrets
- Experience of using Hashicorp Terraform to deploy/update/destroy AWS infrastructure
- Experience of using packer for AMI creation
- Familiar with provision of VPC’s and AWS networking/VPN’s
- Understanding of the principles of immutable infrastructure and ability to put these into practice.
- Evidence of adding value through successful delivery
- Professional Certification from one or more major cloud providers
- Experience of working on Transformation programmes and large client driven projects
- BSc/Ba in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline; professional certification (e.g. AWS Certified DevOps, Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA))
- Experience working in a secure environment with clearance to SC level.
- Knowledge of migrating on-premise technology to AWS
Datalynx is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring that the terms and conditions of employment of the employee and potential employee are equitable and non-discriminatory. This means that job applicants and employees will be treated fairly regardless of their age, sex, marital status (including civil partnerships), sexual orientation, gender reassignment, race (including ethnic origin), disability, religion or religious beliefs and pregnancy and maternity.
Our privacy statement can be viewed here.