What is the purpose of this document?
Datalynx is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information.
This privacy notice describes how we collect and use personal information about you during and after your working relationship with us, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
It applies to;
- All Datalynx employees and workers (“Datalynx Resources”)
- Relevant employees and workers of service suppliers (“Service Supplier Resources”)
Datalynx is a “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you. We are required under data protection legislation to notify you of the information contained in this privacy notice.
This notice applies to current and former Datalynx resources and Service Supplier Resources. This notice does not form part of any contract of employment or other contract to provide services. We may update this notice at any time but if we do so, we will provide you with an updated copy of this notice as soon as reasonably practical. Former Datalynx resources and Service Supplier Resources will be updated on email request to GDPR@datalynx.net
It is important that you read and retain this notice, together with any other privacy notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal information about you, so that you are aware of how and why we are using such information and what your rights are under the data protection legislation.
Further information about the data we hold and data which we share with other individuals or organisations is included in Appendix 1.
Data protection principles
We will comply with data protection law. This says that the personal information we hold about you must be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
- Kept securely.
The kind of information we hold about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We will collect, store, and use the following categories of personal information about you:
- Personal contact details such as name, title, addresses, telephone numbers, and personal email addresses.
- Date of birth.
- Next of kin and emergency contact information.
- Bank account details.
- Start date
- Leaving date
- Location of workplace.
- Recruitment information (including copies of right to work documentation, references and other information included in a CV or cover letter or as part of the application process to work as a consultant).
- Information obtained through electronic means such as swipe card records.
- Information about your use of our information and communications systems.
- Results of HMRC employment status check, details of your interest in and connection with the intermediary through which your services are supplied.
- Identification Documents
- Disclosure and Barring Certificates
- Security Clearance Results
How we will use information about you
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to. We will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we have entered into with you.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
Situations in which we will use your personal information
We need all the categories of information in the list above to allow us to perform our contract with you including to enable us to comply with Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) recruitment requirements and for security relating to our government and policing contracts and your access to our buildings. The situations in which we will process your personal information are listed below:
If you fail to provide personal information
Failure to supply information when requested will result in us not being able to enter into a contract with you or if appropriate your supplier or we may be prevented from complying with our legal obligations.
We may have to share your data with third parties, including third-party service providers and clients
We require third parties to respect the security of your data and to treat it in accordance with the law.
If we do, you can expect a similar degree of protection in respect of your personal information.
Why might you share my personal information with third parties?
We will share your personal information with third parties where required by law, where it is necessary to administer the working relationship with you or where we have another legitimate interest in doing so.
Which third-parties process my personal information?
“Third parties” includes clients, third-party service providers (including contractors and designated agents) and government departments whom we have a statutory reporting requirement. See Appendix 1 for further details.
The following are carried out by third-party service providers:
- UK Government provider(s) of security clearances.
- UK Policing provider(s) of security clearances.
- Payroll and accountancy and audit service providers
- Pension service provider(s)
- Banking service provider(s)
Clients may be provided your personal information to:
- Ensure network and information security
- Undertake local and national security checks
- Arrange building access
- Arrange IT services
- Ensure suitability for role being undertaken
How long will you use my information for?
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. All information is disposed of within 7 years of the end of your contract or employment with us except retirement and pension records which are retained for 75 years, Summary of service which is retained for 10 years and injury or accident at work information which is retained 12 years. See Appendix 1 for further information.
Rights of access, correction, erasure, and restriction
Your rights in connection with personal information
By law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information. Erasure will only be undertaken where it does not affect our ability to perform the contract with you or comply with our legal obligations.
- Object to processing of your personal information.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact GDPR@datalynx.net.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues.
No fee required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights).
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
Changes to this privacy notice
We reserve the right to update this privacy notice at any time, and we will provide you with a new privacy notice when we make any substantial updates. We may also notify you in other ways from time to time about the processing of your personal information. Former Datalynx resources and Service Supplier Resources will be updated on email request to GDPR@datalynx.net
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, please contact GDPR@datalynx.net